Friday, January 9, 2009



Eston got this dump truck from his Aunt Whitney and Uncle Corey for Christmas. Instead of putting toys in it to haul, he thinks he's the cargo. This kid is all boy. He climbs and stands on everything. He's getting really daring and has no idea of the consequences. Luckily we have been there to catch him most of the time, but there have been several bumps and bruises on his forehead! Hopefully not, but I'm afraid we'll see stitches and broken bones in his future. But on the positive side, he loves to explore and play. That's a great thing. I can already see his little mind working when he's concentrating on how to take something apart. And usually he suceeds! He's also helping out alot around the house. I know this phase won't last that he thinks it's fun to do chores! He loves to unload the dishwasher. Even when we are loading it, he pulls out items. It's hard to keep his little hands out. He knows exactly where everything goes, and will put spatulas away in a drawer that he can barely reach and can't see in....all by himself without me telling him anything. Here's a picture of him "swiffering" at my mom's house. He loves the swiffer and goes and gets it every time we go over there. I know he didn't get that from me!

4 comments:

Lori S said...

Do you mind if I borrow him? Mine has outgrown that helping phase...well, she never really hit that phase.

The Traxsons said...

Too funny! Hopefully you won't see too many stitches or broken bones. I think it might be worse to have a fraidy cat like Sam though.

Anonymous said...

So cute. MY boys have the same dump truck and I so remember pushing them around so much my back hurt!

Elizabeth Cheek said...

Precious! Don't worry stitches are no big deal! That glue works well too. esc