
Like Father, Like Son....
Thanks Lori for reminding me that it's been a month since I've posted anything. Sorry. Lots going on. The biggest thing is that I quit my job at the foot doctor and am now working with my husband at his law firm. I guess you could say I'm the office manager? Vice President? CFO? Anyway, I've completed 2 weeks now and am much less stressed. I've got alot to learn since I've never done anything in this area before. But I have my own office and I get Friday afternoon's off! Yipee.
Next, Travis has been working his tail off on our property getting it ready to build on. If you know him at all, you know nothing ever goes smoothly. He worked for weeks on a bulldozer to use to clear the trees on the 3 acres we now own. If he got his dad's bulldozer up and working, it would save us some money. So, Eston and I have been hanging out together several nights and weekends. When Eston sees a tractor he automatically says "Dada, tractor." Right now they are widening Hwy 62 East on the way to daycare and at every tractor spotting, I hear, "dada, tractor" or "another tractor." So, as of now the lot is cleared and he's now on to leveling it in case you wanted to know.
The picture above is Travis and Eston laying in my parents' living room watching tv. Kids are such great imitators aren't they!?! My guess is that they are watching Dora. That's Eston's new thing now. Elmo no more...now Dora.
5 comments:
I love the picture! It is so true...they do what they see. That is why I have to be on my best behavior. And also it is why I cringe when I see my bad habits mimicked by them. :) Have a good week.
Hi Kara - Just looked at your pictures. It is amazing how big Eston is getting! Remind Travis, he knows who to call if he ever needs a "tractor" or anything for that matter. Take care! Mandi
Thanks, I feel better now. :)
Your life sounds so wonderful and family full.
love the picture! i was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how the new job was going. i'm glad you are less stressed and things are going well!
Post a Comment