Monday, November 8, 2010

Here are pictures from the Mountain Home Berry Farm's pumpkin patch. We went a week before Halloween. This is Eston picking out a pumpkin to take home to Anna. We thought it would be easier if she didn't go this year. He picked out a cute miniature one.
Eston and Travis at one of the dead ends, or "dead ways" as Eston called it, of the corn maze. We were just about out of it on our first go around, and Eston stopped and looked at me so seriously and said, "Mama, why are we walking in corn?" This child thinks way too much. I thought it was fun! Eston is in the Why Stage. He asks endless questions all day long. Why, Why, Why? I try to take it as a compliment that he thinks I'm so intelligent that I know all the answers! I really try to answer all of his questions, but by the end of the day, and when I'm exhausted from them, I spout out "That is just the way it is," or "Just because." I even challenged him to not say Why the rest of the day. You know what he said? "Why?" :-)


1 comment:

The Traxsons said...

Ahh, yes, the why's. Sam still asks and most of the time the poor kid gets "just because". Mostly because I have no clue what the answer is! ha!