Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My mom loves to cook. She always made dinner when Corey and I were growing up. Always. And it was a meat, potatoes, veggies type of meal. She's pretty picky...won't eat cheese or most milk products, spices, or dressings. But it was always good nonetheless. Today, she will hardly let us help her. She wants everyone out of the kitchen so she can do her stuff. I think that's why I'm such a horrible cook today. She never really taught me. Travis on the other hand, does most of our cooking because he had to find a way to feed himself growing up. His dad was always working at the hospital. So, Travis had to learn. I was spoiled and never had to learn!
I wanted to post this picture of what Mom had waiting for Eston the other day. It cracks me up. But that tells you how much she loves us and does for us. If you know her, she's very selfless...is that a word? She never takes time for herself and is always trying to please others. With Dad sick and her taking care of him, she still cooks dinner for us. We try to make it over to their house a couple nights a week for dinner. We should be cooking for her...and lots of times, we do. But she still manages to sneak in a meal on us when she's got several things to do. And clearly worn out. My dad keeps her busy. She's done great keeping up with him. I knew she would.

3 comments:

Carolynn said...

Oh, Kara, how sweet of your mom! And yes, selfless is the perfect word for her:-) How is your dad doing? Let me know--hope you are doing well:-)

Anonymous said...

She is one of the most WONDERFUL women I have ever met! Give her a hug for me!

Fourgiven Momma said...

Yes, selfless is definitely a word and the perfect one in this situation! Thanks for sharing, what an inspiration to read!