Thursday, March 5, 2009

Can I give Elmo up for lent? I'm pretty tired of that little red guy! He is all Eston wants to watch. We've put in Shrek and Nemo and such in a few times and they go over okay, but nothing like Elmo. Elmo is the first thing out of his mouth when we get home! It's sad when you are singing the songs in your head while you are in the shower. So, I try to limit Elmo time and get him interested in cars and puzzles. He loves his puzzles too.

I've been really busy with volunteer work. I joined Junior Auxillary, so I've been going to monthly chapter meetings and other committee work. I babysat at the women's shelter one night. We are gearing up for our annual Easter egg hunt on Apr 4th. I'm also on a committee for the Good Samaritan Society that is putting on a fundraising event May 30th. Band, dancing, dinner, auction. Should be a great time. Good Sam has also asked Travis to be on their Board.

4 comments:

The Berry Family said...

You should totally get him Elmo Alive. We got Ruth one for Christmas. Check out the entry on the blog about Elmo from a couple months back. Brian wrote it so you know it is funny.

Anonymous said...

YOU SOUND VERY BUSY!!!

The Traxsons said...

I'd like to give up Thomas for lent.

Carolynn said...

I completely understand where you are coming from. Jake is really into Cars and Toy Story right now, but for Caleb I can remember wanting to scream everytime he wanted to watch the Wiggles, Barney, or the worst, Calliou. It does get better:-)