We went in to the hospital at 6 am on Thursday, July 1st. I was extremely nervous. After some prep, they wheeled me into the OR. I really freaked when I saw the bright OR lights and the cold temp. After my epidural was in they let Travis in. He was in scrubs. Soon after Dr. Lawrence walked in and we began. The process was really quick. Started at 9 am, and she was born at 9:01. The nurses yelled for Travis to stand up and look over their makeshift curtain at the baby. He did, and saw more than just the baby! Needless to say, I don't think Travis inherited his father's love for being a surgeon. He sat back down and put his head down. Dr. Lawrence later teased him for overhearing me ask Travis if HE was going to be okay, when I was the one with my guts open! I was in a bit of pain as they were working, and I wouldn't let Travis let go of by hand and leave with Anna. They sewed me up, and by 9:30, I was wheeled off to recovery. Oh, and even though we were scheduled to have Anna by C-section, she was going to be born that day. My water didn't break, but started leaking that morning. I was dialated to a 6, and had started some contractions that didn't hurt. Funny how that worked out. 37 weeks and 6 days.

3 comments:
She is just so precious! Congratulations. I am so glad it went well. What does big brother think?
She is beautiful. I am sure Eston loves her. You guys did a great job! Hopefully, you will come for a visit before too long.
I am so happy for you. We will have to talk soon. The whole family looks great.
Post a Comment