I have no new pictures to post...sorry...(Lori!), but I thought I'd check in and write about the past 3 weeks. Chaos. That sums it up. A newborn, moving, and running an office. Chaos.
Anna has been great. She had a little cold her first week or so that kept her from lying flat, so she's been sleeping in her car seat carrier. She loves it, as did Eston. She's still sleeping in it. She's had some good nights and some bad nights. I'm pretty exhausted. The first week, it hurt alot to walk, but by the end of week two, I was bending over to pick stuff up off the floor and driving. Travis threw me straight back into work as soon as I hit two weeks....what a slave driver I have for a boss. No wait, I'm the boss. Just kidding....about the slave driver part. Not kidding that I'm boss. ;-) Anyway, I started back a few hours a day, and Anna comes with me. She sleeps really well in the mornings, so it's easy to get some things done. She goes with me to the courthouse to file and check the mail. The clerks love her.
Eston has done really well through this shake up in his life. Around the end of week one, Travis was holding Anna. Eston wanted his dad to do something. He asked me what Travis was doing. I told him that he was holding Anna. Eston said, "Tell daddy to put her back in your tummy." He has been a huge help fetching things for me. And he has been a little more whiny, and wanting more attention. But overall, he has been very good. And on top of that, we uproot the child and move.
Yes, we finally spent last night in our new house! We have most things moved, but still need to spend the weekend unpacking. Lots of unpacking. So, as exhausted as we are from a newborn, we are even more exhausted moving and up on our feet unpacking.
11 or 12 years ago (I can't remember if we were dating or engaged) Travis told me that life with him would not be boring. Man, was he right! I tease him periodically, that a little bit of boring every once in awhile would be nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment